"Food" for Evangelism
Who Jesus Christ is:
A. He is God.
1. Jesus Said:
a. Matthew 28:18 - And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
b. Matthew 9:6 - But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”
c. John 14:9 - Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
d. John 10:30 – “I and My Father are one.”
e. John 15:21 - But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me.
f. John 10:10 - The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
2. The Bible says He:
a. John 8:58 – Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
Colossians 1:17 - And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.
b. Colossians 1:16 - For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.
B. He is a perfect man.
3. Match the following human characteristics of Jesus with the verses:
Weary ………………... John 4:6
Hungry ……………….. Matthew 4:2
Sleepy ………………... Mark 4:38
Sorrowful …………….. John 11:35
Tempted ……………... Hebrews 4:15
What Jesus Christ Did for Us (open discussion)
4. Why did He come? Luke 19:10 - for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.
5. Romans 5:8 says that God showed His love for us by: But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
6. Who needs Jesus to die for him? (open discussion)
Why is this true? Express Romans 6:23 in your own words. For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
7. What did Christ do on the cross? I Peter 2:24 - who Himself bore our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, having died to sins, might live for righteousness—by whose stripes you were healed.
8. What sign did Jesus say He would give the Jews? John 2:18-22 - So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?” Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” But He was speaking of the temple of His body. Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.
9. What sign did Jesus give? Luke 24:1-7 - Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. And it happened, as they were greatly perplexed about this, that behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. Then, as they were afraid and bowed their faces to the earth, they said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen! Remember how He spoke to you when He was still in Galilee, saying, ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.’”
What does this mean to you? (open discussion) “For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,” - I Timothy2:5
What the Life, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Means.
10. Man is separated from God by sin. According to Jesus Christ, what ways are available to man by which he may return to God? John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
11. Who does God want in fellowship with Himself? I Timothy 2:4 - who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
12. Why are some people still not in fellowship with God? John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, becausehe has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
13. What is the condition of those who have not believed Jesus? John 3:36 - He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
14. When a person realizes that he is separated from God because of his sin, what should his response be? Luke 13:3 - I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
15. What does it mean to repent? Matthew 3:2 - and saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”
16. According to I John 5:11-12 who has eternal life? (fellowship with God) - And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
17. In the light of John 1:12-13, and Ephesians 2:8- 9, those who have eternal life (fellowship with God) and will be in heaven, are those who: John 1:12-13 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
Ephesians 2:8- 9 - For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
( ) ( ) Do more good things than bad during their lifetime.
( ) ( ) Repent of their sins.
( ) ( ) Live as good as some church members.
( ) ( ) Clean up their lives so as to be acceptable with God.
( ) ( ) Receive Jesus Christ.
( ) ( ) Join a church and are baptized.
( ) ( ) Are sincere.
( ) ( ) Really believe in something.
18. In your opinion, what must one do in order to be in fellowship with God and have eternal life?
19. Do you have eternal life?
20. How do you know?
Each of these scripture below is to respond to the statements that people make towards those who preach the gospel:
Those that would ask, “Why do you spread the Gospel?” or “Why should I spread the gospel”: Romans 10:14 – How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
Some say, “You are just doing scare tactics”: Psalm 111:10 - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.
People you know where there is potential for false converts: I John 2:3-5 - Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.
Would you live for the world or Christ: Mark 8:34-38 - When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, “Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him the Son of Man also will be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”
Jesus’ version of Lust: Matthew 5:28 - But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Jesus’ version of Hatred: I John 3:15 - Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
Some say, “I’m stuck in sin or I will always be in sin” or “there is always some sin:I Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.