Matthew 20:21-28 –
· Jesus said: What do you wish?
o Ask of group: What do you want out of life?
· Jesus explains, “You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?”
o Ask of group: Is what you want in life align with what God’s will for you OR His plan and purpose for you?
Mark 8:27-30 –
· Jesus said: Who do men say that I am?
o Ask of group: What does the world say Jesus is today?
· Jesus said: But who do you say I am?
o Ask of group: Who is Jesus to you?
· Jesus said: How many loaves do you have?
o Ask of group: On occasion do you feel like there are things you should do, but feel you don’t have the resources to accomplish them?
· The unspoken question that Jesus had was - Do you believe this is enough to feed all these people?
o Ask of group: When you try to accomplish anything, do you just rely on the physical resources you have in hand or do you rely on God’s provision?
Luke 24:13 – 27 –
· Jesus said: What kind of conversation is this that you have with one another as you walk and are sad?
o Ask of group: What difficult conversation have you had lately with a friend or spouse?
· Jesus said: Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things and to enter into His glory?
o Ask of group: When you deal with things that are difficult – what do you think the payoff is?
Luke 10:25-37 –
· Jesus said: What is written in the law?
o Ask of group: What absolute truth has been revealed to you lately?
· Jesus said: What is your reading of it?
o Ask of group: What is God telling you to do because of knowing this truth?